Six years ago, Santa Claus Museum founder Pat Koch watched her dream become a reality as the museum opened its doors to the public for the first time. Together with the non-profit Santa’s Elves, Inc., she opened the Santa Claus Museum in the spring of 2006. Pat’s interest in preserving the history of the town, the famous Santa Claus Post Office, her father, and her family’s growing theme park, became a passion.
Her interest in preserving the town’s past has grown over the last six years to include the Historic 1935 Santa Statue and the 1880 Santa Claus Church, once located off the “beaten path” in the woods. We have just wrapped up a full restoration of the Santa Statue.Read More